CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Two Days Away!

I have a crib in my room! I just need the baby now. It is 10:40 PM on Sunday, and I just woke up from a two hour nap. Last night I went back to S36 and had a nice dinner, but today I haven’t left my room other than going to the buffet this morning to have some breakfast. It was loud in there today. The Russian soccer team is in town and they were all there this morning, sitting in a table right next to mine. Their food plates were gigantic and they each got up for more at least two or three times. I think some of them may be also staying on this floor. It was extremely loud during the night and I kept hearing people walking pass my room late and talking really loud late into the night.

Getting a crib was a bit of a fiasco. The girl at the reception desk who speaks English was alone at the front desk and couldn’t come up to the floor to translate so I managed to communicate with the floor housekeeper myself, and asked her show me the crib. She showed me a small play-pen that would hardly stay open and only had a very thing pad for a mattress; something that would probably be outlawed in the US and a hotel there would never offer for fear of the liability. I told her to forget it and I went down to the second floor to look for the crib Meghan used. I remember her telling me that she thought it was pretty good. The very few Russian words I have learned didn’t help me any with her. All I understood her say was that she was from Hungary. I finally said Bambino and right then she knew exactly what I was talking about…must be a global word - I thought it was just Italian. In any case, she got it and a few minutes later she brought to my room a really nice and colorful crib along with a nice thick pad, baby sheets, and a baby blanket. I put it together and set it up right next to my bed. I doubt I will sleep the first night little Alex is here. Instead I will be keeping guard all night and watching him every second to make sure he is fine. New Mom you know…

3 comments:

Jamie said...

YIPPPPEEE!!! When will you be home in Phoenix? Hugs to you!!!

kelly said...

Wow pretty soon Alex will be with you how great!

Jamie said...

It's the big day!!! Can't wait to hear!!